Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Projects!

In our household, we have been doing alot of projects! Some that have needed to be done for a long time and others were school projects that became crunch time projects because we waited until the last minute, and some that got done right on time or ahead of schedule.  The first one is this love seat, I bought this at the DI around the time Doug had his knees done for 20 bucks. (It did look a little better when I bought it) It has had a lot of use in the last 2 years. I loved the size of it, cause it was small and didn't take alot of room. My friend Tammy has a hobby of redoing chairs, couches etc.  She did a lounge chair for her living room and she found it on the side of the road. It is so beautiful and I wanted to try and recover this. She gave me alot of tips and books that I looked at when I was in Arizona.

I didn't want to spend alot on fabric cause I thought if it doesn't turn out I will be mad cause I wasted that money. So with some great coupons from JoAnns, I got this fabric for 40 dollars. Once I got all the ugly dirty fabric off, it was in good shape, I just added some batting on the arms where they were worn.

 I still need to get some trim to go on the arms to cover up the staples, but I love how it turned out. I am still in the process of finishing this room, I painted the walls a light grey and I am making this a spare bedroom once again.
 Michaela has been doing alot of projects for school, in spanish to earn pacos for her grade. One was making a flag. This was saved for the last minute. Thanks to Jodi for saving me with the transfer paper, I had two pieces and I think they were old and they didn't work, so our great neighbor helped me with some that did. Michaela's flag turned out great. Along with her churro cheese cake, and scrap book. What she does for an A!
Dalton has also been doing projects, this is his poster on Ontario, Canada. He worked hard on it and I am so proud of him. I was worried when he had to present it to the class cause he hates to do those kind of things, so when he came home from school that day he said it went AWESOME! He also has improved his grades so much this year all A's and B's.

We are ready to finish more projects, and have spring be here, loving the nice weather.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I LOVE your couch!!! You did a great job on that! You need to come show me how to update all my stuff!!:) Go glad the projects turned out and that is so great about Dalton! They are all growing up way too fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that couch! So cute!! You did a great job! You sure have some great kids!!

    ReplyDelete