Two Mothers Remembered
I had two Mothers, two Mothers I claim
Two different people, yet with the same name
Two separate women, deverse by design
But I loved them both, because they were both mine.
The first was the Mother, who carried me here,
Gave birth and nurtured, and launched my career.
She was the one whose features I bear,
Complete with the facial expressions I wear.
She gave me some music, which follows me yet
Along with examples in life that she set.
Then as I grew older, she some younger grew,
And we'd laugh as just Mothers and daughters can do.
But then came the year that her mind clouded so,
And I sensed that the Mother I'd known soon would go,
So quickly she changed and turned to the other -
A stranger who dressed in the clothes of my Mother.
Oh, she looked just the same, at least at arms length,
But she was the child now, and I was her strength.
We'd come full circle, we women three,
My Mother the first, the second, and me.
And if my own children should come to a day
When a new Mother comes, and the old goes away,
I'd ask of them nothing that I didn't do -
Love both of your Mothers as both have loved you.
I know that I am so blessed with goodly parents, They are truly amazing to me. They take such good care of one another. I pray that they know how special and loved they are!
Dementia
My eyes do see, my ears do hear, I am still Me, so lets be clear,
My memory may fade, my walk may slow, I am Me inside, don't let me go.
It was a good day, to celebrate with these people that I love so much, plus a call from my daughter was the icing on the cake.



That must be so hard with your mom. You are always in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine how hard that must be with your mom. You are a great daughter to her I'm sure! And a great mom!
ReplyDelete