This has been a hard year, but you know there is always something to be grateful for! We enjoyed Thanksgiving together with part of my family. It was a great day and I loved it. We enjoyed a little skeet shooting after dinner which was very fun. Courtney and Doug are by far the best shooters that day!
I really enjoyed the give thanks posts on social media. They were all so uplifting and great to read. When my Uncle Paul passed away we were looking through pictures with my Aunt and seen this one when they all went on a church history tour. Dougs parents went with them. I love this photo, cause these people are some of the best there is. So very thankful for all of them.
You know through this year, and our trials we all face there are always many thing to be grateful for, the little tender mercies that come our way. At my uncles funeral, my Mom was with me, my Dad was on the stand to give a talk. With her Dementia, conversations are hard, most of them don't make sense. The closing song was "I know that My Redeemer Lives" she was getting a little agitated, but I told her we just needed to sing this song first and then we would go. She knew every word to that song! It gave me the best feeling in the world, so those little things mean so much.

What a sweet moment with your mom. I agree, the little things mean so much and get us through.❤
ReplyDelete