Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, August 23, 2012

School Begins.....

 
.....sadly with out me.  I have always been off work on the first day of school until this year. I didn't like not  being home. The kids were great, Michaela got up early so I could help her before I had to leave at 6:00 am. She is a trooper. They both were very excited to be going back to school. Dalton didn't want his picture taken so he wouldn't smile for Doug. I was feeling bad about not being home when the kids got there from school, so the night before around 10:00 I was making them an after school treat. They loved it! Good thing for phones, so I heard all about there day before I got home that night.
 Doug was planning on giving the kids there school blessing monday night when I got home at 8:00. I beat him home (they are having car wars in Logan) so that means very long hours this week. I was ready to put the kids to bed, when Dalton said we can't go to bed yet Dad still has to give us our school blessing and in walked Dad. I loved that Dalton remember that he was going to get it. They were great!
 They had a practice game over in Soda, and WOW Soda grows big boys. I thought Dalton was big, but he is just solid. I had to laugh, Dalton just dove for there legs to knock them down. He seems to be loving football, but I think he might miss soccer a little when it starts.
One more thing, kids are funny when they try to get you. Doug was taking Michaela to the bus this morning. He is always telling her to stay away for boys. He asks, " so do you have any boyfriends yet?" No, but Dad they will come!!! as she LAUGHS! very hard. Oh, Dad you can tell Mom that too! More laughing.  Sure love those kids!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! She is right - the boys WILL come - watch out!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so not looking forward to the teenage years!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true, teenagers are scary but fun in their own way. but keep those pesky boys away as long as you can, lol.

    ReplyDelete