Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, August 12, 2013

"Blessings in all things"

I'm not sure what alot of people think, but sometimes life is just hard. I do know that I am trying really hard not to have pity parties, and focus on the many blessings in my life. One thing that has helped is as a family we have a book, "He Shall Fulfill All Of His Promises", it has a scripture and message for each day. You know some days I think they were really meant for me, but we have been reading it each day. I love it!  It has been a rough week and the thoughts in the book have been great.
It all started when coming home, another Deer jumped out in my way. So yes, I hit it! I was not hurt and all is good, just had to crawl into my car from the passenger side. Good thing I didn't have a dress on any of those times, it was a little tricky.  By the end of the week, my wonderful Aunt Faye passed away, she was 84 years young.  She was such a wonderful blessing in my life, and a example in everything she did. When growing up, she lived in Salt Lake. Every year she would have me and my sisters, (and later other cousins) come and spend a week with her. We were little country bumpkins going to the big city.  Aunt Faye and Uncle Roy, there 2 kids and us would go all over SLC. One day it was Kennicott Copper, the great Salt Lake, Hogle Zoo, then from the time it opened till the time it closed we would go to Lagoon. We would go up to the ski resorts and ride the trams in the summer. They were great story tellers, and have great ones to tell us.  I sometimes wonder how she ever survived us all for a week. She worked part time for the Church office building, and we loved to go ride the elevator up to the very top. When her and my uncle retired, they moved back to Preston and we got to enjoy them again. I loved having her come to my home or our family parties. She was always so thankful to be included in what we did, but we sure loved having them with us.
 

This is my Dad and Aunt Faye, a few people have said that we look so much like my Grandma Ruby.  I feel we had a special relationship, our lives have similar things, she adopted both of her children just like me. Aunt Faye was such a great example of love and service. I think she served in the Relief Society her whole life, she loved the scouting program too. My cousin said, that she was the best Eagle Scout  there ever was.
 
At our 4th of July party a year ago. So glad they were there.  Aunt Faye did not want alot of fuss when she died. She wrote her own obituary, I just wanted to share what an amazing woman she is!
 
Faye Carter Olsen
 
There is no more time on this earth to roam
So now I must return to my Heavenly Home.
God gave his best as parents for me
They taught all the good things of life you see.
George W. and Ruby Bair Carter
Three brothers he gave me who were always there
To give me advice and love to spare.
Glen & Jean, Lyle & Darlene, Paul & Linda
When it came time to choose a mate
The one that I chose has been really great
Roy J. Olsen
To wait for our children was quite a test
But you have to wait for the very best.
Lori, Jody, Kelly & Smantha Olsen.
Three grandsons
Chris, Cody & Robert
Great grandson
Dreako
The missions, the callings and service too.
Were things I felt for the Lord I should do.
Now that I am leaving no fuss should be made.
No flowers, no funeral, no luncheon made.
A small graveside service is all that I need.
Just remember me kindly...
...and wish me Godspeed.
 
 
Aunt Faye you brightened every room you entered, thank you so much for being a part of my life. So glad that families are forever!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Cathy! You have been in my prayers and will continue to be. So glad you are OK after hitting another deer! God tests those he loves most and this year he must be proving just how much he loves you-so sorry it's been so rough lately-hang in there!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are ok after hitting another deer! I'm so sorry for your loss! I think you're doing great and your family is in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete