Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Being a Mom!

 
Thoughts on being a MOM!
 
 
I was asked the other day, if I liked being a Mom! My answer is I love it! It is the most enjoyable and hardest thing I have ever done. I would have had a house full if that would have been possible. God knew the path, and sent me 2 beautiful children that inspire me daily. They can also test me, too. I pray every day that I do something right to help them and hope they make good decisions that will always keep them on the right track.
Ever since both of them were small, they love to pick me flowers. It didn't matter if they were weeds or not. I came home the other day  and I had some flowers waiting for me.  It made my day!
I was reading, and came across this and wanted to share.
 
There is no limit to what a woman with a mother heart can accomplish. Righteous women have changed the course of history and will continue to do so, and their influence will spread and grow exponentially throughout eternities.
Sister Julie B.Beck spoke of meeting a group of young mothers;"They were bright and had obtained advanced degrees from respected universities. Now they were devoting their considerable gifts to ...teaching two year olds to be kind to one another. They were soothing babies, kissing bruised knees, and wiping tears. I asked one of those mothers how.. she could transfer her talents so cheerfully into the role of motherhood. She replied, "I know who I am, and know what I am supposed to do. The rest just follows." That young mother will build faith and character in the next generation one family prayer at a time, one scripture study session, one book read aloud, one song, one family meal after another....She knows that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily mothering is far more lasting, far more powerful, far more influential than any earthly position or institution invented by man."
 
I loved the part about building faith and character one family meal or prayer at a time. Family meals seems like when we talk the very most. We try and have one on one time with each child. I love that. Since I have been working full time and not part time any more, I really try to juggle alot for the kids. I think no matter how I juggle things, it comes down to making the very most of the time you are with your family. I am so thankful for my Mom and the example she is to me along with my beautiful sisters and daughter, nieces and friends! Your all amazing!

So to all women, mothers, sisters, daughters you are great, and you all do a great job! I think that we tend to be hard on ourselves. Happy Mothers Day!!! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love that thought! You're a great mom!! Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read that talk again the other day - such a great lesson! Hope you have a great Mother's Day. Thanks for being the kind of mom I can look up to!:)

    ReplyDelete