Well, I guess I made it! That is right, the half century marker. That does sound old when you put it that way. It was my birthday yesterday. People have asked, well do you feel 50? not sure what 50 is suppose to feel like, but I think in my mind I am about 30. My parents were always at the age of 50 to me, and now they tell me they are old. If someone asked me do I feel 50 when I get off work on a 12hr graveyard, the answer would be I feel older than that. I have always embraced whatever age I was at the time. It was a great day, with my wonderful family.
Doug and Michaela had been planning a surprize party, with the help of alot of other people. But...we had alot of things going on this week, so we changed the plans and it was great. My Dad was put back in the hospital on saturday, and we didn't get him home until late wednesday night. He had to go back with more surgery, we are so glad he is home and seems to be doing better. Then, that wasn't enough, Doug's Mom went to the hospital on sunday night, and she is still in the hospital. She is doing better, but will be there a while. One was is Preston, and the other was in Logan. Alot of prayers have been said on their behalf, and I know that they are being answered.
So...with all of this going on, we decided to cancel the surprize party. I think the one the most sad was Michaela, she put alot of work in helping her Dad. We went out to dinner, with some of our family and it was fun.
So love all of these great people, Gina, Courtney, Shauna, Casey, Vickie, Steve, Travis, Mom, Michaela, Dalton, and Doug. Thank you all for making a wonderful birthday! All so if you want to see a good family movie, go to"Heaven is for Real". Wonderful!
Reindeer Pretzels
1 day ago

What a hard week for your family! I hope your Dad and Doug's mom will both recover quickly -we'll keep them in our prayers! Happy Happy Birthday to one of my most favorite ladies!:) Love ya! (You don't look a day over 20!:)
ReplyDelete