Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, November 30, 2015

Got it done!


I had Thanksgiving at my house this year, I loved getting prepared for it. That sounds kindof weird, but it was fun. I was a little lazy and we used paper plates and cups, so we didn't really have alot of dishes to do. The hardest thing is trying to fit every one in, I put the tables in my living room this year and it worked alot better.
 I also started out the day taking pictures, and these were the only 2 that I took. What ever, I was not thinking. I made a cheese ball and we made it look like a turkey, well a scary turkey. The beak is Laffy Taffy, and the eyes are sixlets. Doug designed that part, but he is kindof cute. It was a great day with my family!
 The next day the kids wanted to get the Christmas stuff up, they are great helpers that takes alot of time. In the family room they decorated the small trees with all there ornaments they have got over the years. I have had these little book ornaments and Michaela found them in the box, we use to read them off the tree when she was little. She put them on too, and decided we need to read one each day for the 12 days of Christmas.
 When you are putting out your Christmas stuff it is like a game of remember when.  I love nativities, and the year we went to South Dakota, we stopped in a Christmas store in the middle of nowhere and Doug found this for me, I love moose. We are all decorated now, enjoying the lights and all the snow that we got. We have even been sleigh riding so far, its a little cold but still fun.

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks amazing and I love the Turkey cheeseball. My favorite part of putting up Christmas is the "remember when" ornaments and decorations too! Hope everyone was feeling better and that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute decorations! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Matt was jealous when he saw you and Michaela sledding! :)

    ReplyDelete