Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Little Buck!


This story starts out 31 years ago, in a field up by Thatcher, Idaho. A man named Bud Keller owned him as a baby.  Doug bought him for me, for 200 dollars. I remember going up there to get him and we could keep him on the Talbot farm, cause we had no place yet to keep him. We later had our home in Smithfield, Utah. and kept him there with us.  Buckie could jump like no other, and could get out of almost anything. 

I have never loved an animal the way I love this one. He touched our lives in so many ways. I loved to feed him, and listen to him chew. I loved Doug going out on the deck, and him calling Buckie and he would come running from the other end of the field. I loved how gentle he was with the kids. I loved how he took great care of Doug when they were riding all over the steep mountains hunting. Buckie was always the first to see an elk or deer they would just watch for his ears to go straight up. I loved on the 4th of July with the fireworks he would run all over bucking and farting. I didn't love it when he got loose, because he acted like Spirit in the movie and was a wild mustang. After we first moved to Downey, he got loose and ran over to Cal and Margene Criddles home ran right through there new planted garden. They were so wonderful to us about it, but you sure feel bad. So many fun memories that I will cherish forever.  The very hard decision was made, and we needed to put him down. The city would not let us bury him here on our property, so he is back at the Talbot Farm. We are so thankful to Doug's brother Travis for taking care of this for us. Buckie lived a great life and at 31 years old which is old for a horse. We know he is better, and running in the fields of Heaven! Love you forever, Buckie!!!

4 comments:

  1. Cathy I'm so sorry about your horse! We've loved watching and petting him over the fence through the years! Happy Birthday to Michaela! She is so beautiful inside and out just like her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I love Michaela's dress and seeing such a beautiful girl in a modest dress is rare! I wish all girls could see how much prettier they look when they're modest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I love Michaela's dress and seeing such a beautiful girl in a modest dress is rare! I wish all girls could see how much prettier they look when they're modest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your horse. Animals sure have a way of getting in to our hearts! Happy birthday to michaela! She sure is beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete