Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Road Trip!

 Doug and I took a little road trip yesterday, I wanted to go see the falls! When we left, I got a good picture in McCammon of the "Maiden in the Valley". I think that is what they call it. Love it!
 The falls were very beautiful! It is amazing how much water is coming down, and with so much pressure.
 Trying to get a selfie with the falls behind us and got a good picture of my hand!!!!!

 Coming back, we took a detour in Burley, and rode out to a little town called Oakley, Idaho. Why? There is a story about a boy, man named "Gobo Fango", he is buried out there. As a boy, his mother left him in a tree, because she was dying. The tree was on a Talbot farm in Africa. Any way very cool story about him. It was written in The Friend I think back in 2003. He was adopted by the Talbot family and brought to America.
 Anyway, we wanted to see where he was at, he was killed by land owners over there. He was a sheep herder. When we got there , I have to say it is one of the strangest cemeteries I have ever seen. Lots of unknown graves, and lots of young men killed from conflicts with land, water, etc.



We had a fun day exploring a little history!!!

1 comment:

  1. We saw the maiden the other day too isn't that weird the snow melts that way every year?? Glad you got a day away- you deserve a week!:)

    ReplyDelete