Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

New year, new goals!

 We  have a lot of goals for the new year, and I hope that we reach them all. But, we started it off right by going to the temple on the 3rd of January! It was amazing, Dalton went and did baptism, and Doug and I did a session. We have a lot of names to do in the next 18 months. Dalton had quite a wait for us but he sat in the waiting area and read his scriptures to catch up in seminary. We are going to try and go twice a month, we like the new Come Follow me, it helps us with our scripture study.  I had read it at work on my breaks, and Dalton got it one night and we looked up all the scriptures. He has really stepped up his game and I am so proud of him. He is really missing his sister, and has written a few letters.
 This is Michaela's companion in the MTC her name is Sister Whiting and she is from Austraila. She is doing great and loving her mission. I really don't like it when I don't getting my personal letter, I know how that sounds. I miss her and I guess I'm a little selfish. But, she flew out today to Canada and I had not got a personal email, I was a little sad. Earlier I had gone to Panda Express and this is what was in my fortune cookie ( Being thankful will deliver good news this week) Guess what was in my mailbox when I got home!! I was brought to tears, I am so thankful for this daughter of mine and for the gospel. The tender mercies, answers to our prayers!!! I have a lot to learn, and patience is one of them.
Also, going on is Doug is taking Real Estate classes 2 nights a week for the next 6 months. It is going to be busy, but something we have talked about for along time. As for me, work always keeps me busy, plus a class of my own for work. I'm just about done with the Book of Mormon, I was going to be done by the first of the year but I didn't make it. But, that is o.k. I'm trying to go slower to try and understand a little more.  It has been a great start to the New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Dan and I were there on the 3rd! I made him go really early though, haha! Too bad we didn't run into you, wasn't it awesome?! I sure loved it! I love your goals and I know you will accomplish them! Michaela is on fire and I really enjoy reading her emails. I'm so glad she sent her momma her own letter, what a good girl!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Good luck to Doug on his classes, that is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nevermind, I guess we were at the Temple on the 2nd so we wouldn't have run into you!! But it was still amazing nonetheless!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was there on the 2nd as well, must be a good goal! :) I've loved reading Michaela's emails, she sounds so happy and excited about her mission! Sounds like lots of good things are going on for you!

    ReplyDelete