Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, December 30, 2021

Special Project

We did this project as a family last year, but this year we did a lot more. My sisters, neice, Dad, daughter, and Doug all helped in the project. 
My Mom always made us a blanket that was warm and soft. You could just feel the love it was made with. So this is where it started, we wanted to share a little love. Last year with Covid no places were taking things. This year was a little different. We donated a few to causes in our area, then we took some to the Ronald McDonald house and Hope Lodge. These places are close to our heart because they have helped some of our family. With my sister battling cancer, Hope Lodge was a little emotional for me. My sister in law stayed at Hope Lodge for quit awhile and it is truly a blessing for those staying there. We hope that this small thing will brighten there day, and know they are loved.
With tender loving care

I can't be there to hold your hand, I can't be there to hug you, I can't be there to dry a tear, But there is one thing I can do.

I can sit here in my room at night and dream of you out there, and make a blanket just for you with tender loving care.

When you hold this blanket in your arm and close your eyes real tight, you can feel the love I tucked inside when I made this late one night.

So dry your tears and smile a smile, You aren't alone, you see. You have this special blanket, a gift to you from me.


After we took the blankets, we went to lunch at Trolley square. It was a fast trip to Salt Lake but be sure enjoyed the day.


 

2 comments: