Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Summer Time

This summer took a long time to get here and it has sure gone by very fast. I love this picture, its like the Heavens are opening up.
I was able to catch this beautiful humming bird ready for a drink.
We went to the drag races in Preston, and yes they burned a lot of rubber.
Next was the demolition derby, one of our favorites. Then after Michaela got her stuff moved out of her room, it needed to be painted. That room has been a lot of colors over the years, red, yellow , blue, pink and so it became white. Its so fresh and clean. This bedroom set was my grandpa and grandma Carters. It was given to me after Doug and I got married. Michaela wanted a desk, so the mirror  was not put on so she could have a junk board above it. I love the room all put together.


Dalton and I tried our luck with hitting some golf balls, that stupid game is a lot harder than it looks.
We had a nice cook out and fireworks at my brother in laws, it was great being with family. The fireworks were amazing.
On to one of our favorite Talbot traditions, The Famous Preston Rodeo! My sweet mother in law, loves the parade and it all and went to two nights of the rodeo. She will be 84 next week. She is amazing, I am in aah, she raised 8 boys and 1 girl, and a few grandkids and did such a great job. Love this family!

It was a good time for all of us, plus seeing lots of people that come home for the weekend.

 

2 comments:

  1. I love that bedroom set, so beautiful!! I'm sad to see summer coming to an end😢

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michaela's room looks so nice! Summer is flying by way to fast, I'm so glad you've had some fun days!

    ReplyDelete