Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, March 21, 2011

Forgotten Treasures!


My mom called me a couple of days ago, and she found a treasure box of mine that was in her basement. We went up and got it and have had alot of laughs and fun going through it. It is like going through a time capsule, because alot of things have changed with my treasures. One of them is my (Merrie Miss) banner for learning all of the Articles of Faith. My Personal Progress book, bracelet, those programs have changed alittle.
Some of the funnest have been the diary, journals. In one, I wrote it was my Dad's birthday and he was 42 years old. Well that was 35 yrs. ago. Yes it is aging me. My kids thought they were funny cause I wrote about a cute boy that I loved when I was 10! There were also tapes that I had made of Christmas when I got my tape recorder, and also a play that I wrote for a school project where my family were all the characters. It was called "The Mystery at Lilac Inn"!
The first thing that caught my eye though was the basket purse with the bead handle, I was very young, but I remember carrying that to church wearing those little white gloves with it. WOW!
It was also fun reading through my English paper, the stories I wrote, and my Senior project. Great Memories!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Life goes by way too fast, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if those things make us feel old or young?? but I know they make us feel good! I love looking back at those treasures! that is so fun to find things like that!

    ReplyDelete