Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Just for Today

It has been a very busy start to a new year.  Doug came home on New Years Eve, so we spent a quite night at home. I think we made it till 9:30. Michaela spent the night with my parents and her and my Mom went to "Twilight". They had a great time.  Doug is doing good, but doing both knees that close together was hard, he really didn't have a "good leg to stand on".  The kids have been big helpers, so thankful for them. I went back to work 10 days after his last surgery and the kids really stepped up! While I was off, I have been cleaning out file cabinets, cubboards fun stuff like that. Made time to catch up on some scrapbooks. When I started blogging, I quit scrapbooking and I have lots of sports pictures, class pictures, dance pictures etc. it has been along time. I need some ideas for pages. I also need to make my blog into a book sometime. Has any one done that, and who did you do your book with.?? Any way while cleaning out, I found a Dear Abby that I had cut out years ago. I really liked it cause with the new year we are always thinking about changes we can make in our lives.  Wanted to share it.
 
Just for Today, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday  or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
 
Just for today, I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fillls with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.
 
Just for Today, I will improve my mind. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration. I will not be a mental loafer.
 
Just for Today, I will make a conscious effort to be agreeable. I will be kind and courteous to those who cross my path, and I'll not speak ill of others. I'll improve my appearance, speak softly, and not interrupt when someone else is talking. Just for today, I'll reftrain from improving anybody but myself.
 
Just for Today, i will do something positive to improve my health. If I'm a smoker, I'll quit. If I'm overweight, I'll eat healthily, if only for today. And not only that, I'll get off the couch and take a brisk walk, even if it's only around the block.
 
Just for Today, I will gather the courage to do what is right and take responsibility for my own actions.
 
I really liked this!
 
I had to share my cute pictures of my son, for three days in a row he wanted to just watch tv in my room before bed. This is how I found hime all three day after about 5 minutes in there. Once he slows down this guy is out. Love watching my kids sleep, it is a peaceful feeling.
 


So just for tonight, I think I will get him tucked in his bed before he falls to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. You guys haVe had quite the new year already! I just got my blog book in the mail for 2012 and love it. I use blog2print - would love to help you if you want-call me! Loved the today poem - very true!

    ReplyDelete