Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring Break, 2014

I think the kids were so ready for Spring Break this year, I kept hearing,"I can't wait to sleep in". So the first part of the week they got to sleep in a little, since I was working. Then one day, I spent it in the hospital with my Dad. He had surgery, and spent his first night in 80 years in the hospital. He is doing good, glad that is behind him now.
We decided to go to Layton one night, the kids love staying in a hotel. Dalton wanted to stop at the Burger Bar in Roy on our way down. He seen this place featured on a show,"Drive-ins, Diners, and Dives". Plus we seen it once when we were down to Doug's uncles home. It is a old fashioned hamburger stand. They have great burgers, but we were cautious when the kids seen this sign. They wanted to know, why someone would eat kangaroo?
 

 We went swimming at the hotel after, and had a fun relaxing night. The next day we drove to Salt Lake and went to the new Living Planet Aquarium. It was very fun and every one enjoyed it. We were a little disappointed all of the exhibits were not all open, but it was great anyway.

 This rope was in the rain forest area, they had fun going across it. Smaller kids had a hard time, if they got off the big rope there shoes would get stuck in the rope.
 This was one of my favorite parts, I could watch these penguins for a while. So cute! Just like the show,"Mr. Popper's Penquin". So fun to see them come out of the water.


 This little frog was the size of my fingernail. The jelly fish were neat to watch too.


 Then we seen all of the fish from "Finding Nemo". Love the colors of all the different fish.

 Loved the shark tank too, you can feed the sting rays but that was one of the things that wasn't set up and ready. Doug and I have done that before, so fun but a little scary.
 There is also a 4D movie that you can go watch. It was great! Here we are sporting our shades!

 After we were done, and so close to Cabella's we went there and played a little longer. Seeing more fish and trophy animals. We did a little target shooting too. You can wander around in there for awhile.

It was a fun little get away. Love spending time with my family. We keep getting great days where the sun shows up, I am ready for it. Happy Spring!!!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a way fun Spring Break! We'll have to check that Aquarium out sometime! Happy Spring to you too, loving the nice weather - we'll have to start walking again!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a pretty fun week!!

    ReplyDelete