Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, March 31, 2014

Family, Faith & Blessings

We took a trip to China for FHE tonight. I loved it alot, because the kids did most of it. Michaela made us some name tags, that were written in Chinese. Which we tried to write some of it, she did the best with that.
 
Dalton did a scripture, and Michaela read the history of the China Temple. I love to hear the history, behind the building of our Temples. The Hong Kong Temple is built on 1/3 acre, and is a 6 story building, it also has  a chapel, mission offices, and living quarters for the temple president, mission president, and several missionaries. The temple has 2 separate entrances, one for the temple and the other for the mission offices and chapel.

 I also tried a new receipe for dinner, we had Cashew Chicken. I have never made it, and everyone seemed to love it.
     Faith is such an important part of every thing that we do. I have been trying hard to have more faith, and trust in the Lord. It has been such a blessing to me, to be in Young Womens. I think that the lessons I give are more for me than the girls. This last month, the lessons have been on the Atonement, Faith, Forgiveness, and the Resurrection. I have loved everyone of them.  I sometimes feel that I'm kindof dumb when it comes to the scriptures. I have to read it a few times before I understand some of them.
    The talk by Elder Marcus B. Nash, "By Faith All Things Are Fulfilled" and "Go Forward with Faith" in the For the Strength of Youth book are great.  Also, in Matthew 17:20
          And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to younder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

     Bishop Richard C. Edgley said,"I have never witnessed the removal of an actual mountain. But because of faith I have seen a mountain of doubt and despair removed and replaced with hope and optimism. Because of faith I have personally witnessed a mountain of sin replaced with repentance and forgiveness. And because of faith I have personally witnessed a mountain of pain replaced with peace, hope, and gratitude. Yes, I have seen mountains removed."
      I am mainly putting this here for me, this lesson just really stayed with me all month long. After I gave this lesson, we were able to take Michaela to President Brady's home so she could get her Patriarchal Blessing. Amazing! That is such a special gift to receive your Patriarchal Blessing.
     I think, that we all believe our children are angels, but Michaela's blessing let me know she is. I am so excited for her for the wonderful blessings she has ahead of her.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Cathy, that is some really great insight. Loved the China FHE and so happy for Michaela getting her blessing. Also love the crafts, sisters are the best!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your FHE idea, how fun! I'm so excited that Michaela got her blessing, what a neat experience for all of you! Cute crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've loved having you in Young Women. I hear all kinds of good things about your lessons. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete