Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, April 27, 2015

Older and Wiser?

Well I had another birthday pass does that make me wiser too? Do I feel older? some days YES! But for the most part I still think of myself as around 30 and my parents are still about 50. Time seems to fly by way too fast.  I had to work on my birthday this year, so Doug and I had a day date. We decided to try something new to us. Sushi! 
 These were vegetables, shrimp, we kind of stayed with thing that we knew what it was. They have strange names on some of the items. Just a little scary! So below we have monkey ball,
 California delight, and Mexican crunch! They were pretty good, we even ate them with chop sticks! That was a little bit of a struggle.
 My kids were not too happy that I was working on my birthday, (they think that you should not have to work on your birthday) which I agree! But.............sometimes it doesn't work that way.
 This young lady planned a little surprise party for me with my family. It was cute, I found out about it because she accidently sent both Doug and I the text when she was making her plans.  I played along and maybe just made it a little harder for her to come up with things to get me to Preston earlier.
 It was a great time, and I love what she does for me! She didn't tell Dalton, she didn't want him to spill the beans!
Doug sent me this picture, its out in front of his work. It's Buddie the dog! Since this dealership was just bought out, they are making some changes. This is the owners dog or statue of him. Doug was telling me how big it is, and I thought he was talking about the real dog. I better start to listen better!  Sure love my family and all they do for me!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! You don't look a day over 30!:) What a sweet girl you have there:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Glad you were able to celebrate and have some fun!

    ReplyDelete