Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, April 6, 2020

Quarantine, Conference, Blessings!

 I am so thankful for the area that we live in and some what protected from all the craziness that is happening in our world. It is truly hard to watch the news and see all of the big cities that have been hit so hard by Covid 19. This has hurt so many, in so many ways. This last week has been hard just emotional. Doug job at Mattress Firm was shut down last week due to the virus, and my job is an essential business so we have been working. We had one employee get Covid 19 2 weeks ago, and the company had a Haz mat unit come in to clean and they  quarantined those that worked in that area. No one else came down with any symptoms.  I know the person that got it, I grew up with her Mom. But I tell you, people are mean on social media thinking they know all about things and bash people and companies. The hard part is not really being around our family, the last few weeks I have just called or said hi from a distance with my parents.  It has been a roller coaster ride still working, but it is a blessing. I have avoided stores as much as possible and am thankful that I have stocked up be fore all this started.
We have loved playing board games, going for hikes, and rides. I know that the Lord is in control, and he is blessing us through it all.



 I don't think I had a dry eye for two days with conference. I was so blessed to be home to watch it all! I can't think of just one talk that stands out because they all touched me in one way or the other. We are so blessed by our amazing prophet that leads us through hard things. He talks with God and gives us His messages. I pray that my family will keep pressing forward with faith, hope, and love. Love as the Savior loves, so we can Hear Him! I want to listen to the talks over again so they stay fresh in my mind. I love this gospel and the peace that it brings to me, even in these trying times. Where would we be with out it?
Blessings come and sometimes we don't even know that it is a blessing! The Lord is so mindful of us and I feel him close by so many times. I love you all and pray that every one stays safe.

2 comments:

  1. You are in my prayers always friend! Conference was such an uplift for everyone, we are truly blessed to live where we do. Hope things get better SOON!❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conference was just the pick me up that I needed, all the talks were so great! We will keep your family in our prayers, hopefully this all ends soon!!

    ReplyDelete