Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, October 30, 2023

October Happenings...

The sunrise this morning was just beautiful, when I came into town!

We took the day and did fall things, carve pumpkins, corn maze so much fun with the kids. Matt was working so we missed him.

Our finished pumpkins!
We decided to take a little road trip, and went to Bear World. I had not been there since right after we got Dalton. It was tons of fun and alot of bears.



Nice bear bum!
We then road over to Spencer Idaho, there is a opal mine, I love opals, plus its Doug's birth stone. I thought you got to go to the mine to dig, but you can go through the rocks in the parking lot of the gift store for a little price. Haha! Its expensive I thought. This little town kind of has been forgotten. Dalton thought I got on the wrong road, my sister and me both just laughed. Check out the phone booth, and phone. Now that is a blast from the past.

I'm not a big Halloween person, but this home just outside Preston goes all out with there decorations. If your down that way its pretty cool lite up at night.

The day after we carved pumpkins, I went out to put the chairs and table away, and I seen the back of this chair. I was taken by surprise, cause sometimes when I'm missing Doug, it seems he finds a way to let me know he is still keeping an eye on us. This chair has been in the garage for about 5years, it use to be in Doug's horsetrailer. After Doug had his knees done, he had a hard time getting on his horse, so he used this chair to get on Buckie. His brothers use to tease him about it but he didn't care cause he could still go riding. It made me cry with a smile. I love this time of year just wish it lasted longer.

 

1 comment:

  1. That looks like some fun fall time with your cute family! Love that sweet story about the buckie chair, sounds like a tender mercy❤️

    ReplyDelete