I'm searching for some fun idea's to make reading fun for your child. When Michaela was little she loved books still does. I didn't have enough hours in the day to read all the books she wanted. Dalton just doesn't want to sit there long enough to read. It's a hurry and let's get this over with. I would love any idea's any one has. Oh, I just finished a good Christmas story, "The Shepherds Song". I love reading Christmas books this time of year.
I don't know Cathy! My girls love to read too - I wonder if you got those videos that read through the book and show a story if he would like to sit and read along with that?
ReplyDeleteKathy.....you took the plunge!!! isn't it great!!! Im sooo excited to see you blogging!!!! McKayla did awesome sunday!! All the girls did great!
ReplyDeleteJenni...Thanks! I do love it! I think that we have a great bunch of kids in our ward. They all are so willing to do anything. They have no fear to share there talents. They did GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI have had that same challange with Joey, and the only thing I can tell you that has helped me is I have had to search high and low for books that held his attention. He will read if it is a certain kind of book. and its hard to find, but if dalton likes mysteries, or survival (thats what joey likes) I have a couple of books you can borrow to try, you may have to help him a bit, but it may work.
ReplyDeleteMy mom is a librarian and something she's always told me to help my kids learn to love reading is to read to them as much as possible and to let them see you reading as much as possible. One of those learn by example things! I agree with Mindy, You have to find something they are interested in. Same for me! I just cannot get into a book if it is boring! Good luck!!
ReplyDelete