Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Year

I can't believe that it is 2014, growing up anything in the 2000 seemed like a really long time away. In fact, we probably didn't even think the world would still be here. I glad that it is here, and we are starting a new year. This last year has brought many challenges and trials, sometimes I wondered if I would make it through. I kind of thought that 2013 was a bad number.  Trials are interesting, because you get to know yourself a little more, and you build a stronger relationship with your Heavenly Father.  When I really stop and think about this last year, I can't believe how blessed I am. You can see Heavenly Father's hand in all things. There are so many people that have helped in those blessings, I love you all.

In my little book of quotes for everyday, I wanted to share the first one.

New beginnings are invigorating. Just as a fresh blanket of snow changes the landscape into unmarked territory, calling out to little explorers with their sleds and snow boots, blank pages of a new calendar bring a sense of opportunity, possibility, and resolution. Whether beginning a new day or even a new year, something about starting over generates energy and commitment. We try a little harder, reach a little farther, and somehow do a little more. What may have seemed out of reach days before suddenly enters the realm of possibility. As we look back, we gain wisdom and understanding; and as we look forward, we garner the enthusiasm necessary for lasting faith and hope throughout the year. This year, strive to be of good cheer, remember those times that your testimony burned as fire and seek to stoke that flame in the days ahead.

I hope with the new year, that I can reach a little farther, and somehow do a little more. I hope that I can reach the personal goals that I have set for myself. That I can be of good cheer, the future is as bright as your faith.

In President Uchtdorf's book "Forget Me Not" he says, "Dear sisters, many of you are endlessly compassionate and patient with the weaknesses of others. Please remember also to be compassionate and patient with yourself. In the meantime, be thankful for all the small successes in your home, your family relationships, your education and livelihood, your Church participation and personal improvement. Like the forget-me-nots, these successes many seem tiny to you and they may go unnoticed by others, but God notices them and they are not small to Him."

I hope the new year brings much happiness for everyone, that we all can set and reach our goals. I hope  that we can all trust in the Lord, cause he will direct our paths. 

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I needed to be reminded of-thank you! You will always be a shining example for me to look up to!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thought to start a new year, thank you!

    ReplyDelete