Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, July 6, 2015

Happy 4th of July!!!

It's funny how you do things in your family and they become a tradition. The kids love to go to Logan and see the fireworks down there on the 3rd of July. We have always stopped for a treat on the way down, a shake at Sonic, well we were not going to go this year and found out the kids love doing it. So we got our shakes and went to the church where we always go, played some catch, rolled down a little hill and watched the fireworks.


 The next morning we got ready for our party,  that is also a tradition that was started 20 years ago. Doug and I got kindof tired of going some where on the 4th with so much traffic, people etc. So we brought the party to us. We have had a 4th of July party, later in the day so people could do what they wanted early, and relax later with dinner and games. Its been a great tradition to have.  I was a little sad when I got up this morning, knowing that some some of my sweet aunts and uncles would not be there. My Uncle Roy passed away on the 1st, and in the last 4 years we have lost 3 members of our family. As I was thinking about them, a peaceful feeling came to me, and I knew that they were with me. In my heart always!!! They were where they needed to be and I would see them again someday. That is a precious gift that we have of knowing that families are forever!
 They were all rocking the water balloon volley ball!!!

 We had alot more of our families this year and it was great.  Doug's sister Joy came up from Layton, and his brother Cody and his family came up from Lehi.
 After it got dark, we did a few fireworks and watched all the others in town going off. Here is my little or big fire cracker showing his sparklers. It is truly and amazing country that we live in and we are so very blessed! Happy 4th of July!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment