My sweet Uncle Roy passed away July 1, 2015 at the age of 90. He is a great man, who always showed love and service in all he did. I loved having him and my Aunt Faye come to my home for parties or family get togethers, cause they always had us in there home. When I was young, they took us all over Salt Lake for a week seeing every thing that we could see.
He had many talents, and used all of them. He was a artist, graphic designer for Deseret News, and a writer. He drew this picture of President David O. McKay back in 1954, and was able to meet him and he signed the picture. He has done some many great pictures, I wish I could put them all in.
He loved the old west and telling stories, so when he retired with by Aunt they moved back to Preston and he wrote a book. He never let things stop him from doing what he wanted to do. Uncle Roy lost his sight, and alot of his hearing, but that didn't stop him either. When my Aunt passed away a 11/2 ago, he rode his bike alot, I'm so thankful that so many people watched out for him.
At his funeral today, I learned a few new things about him that I never knew. He was a big baby, weighing 12 lbs. when he was born. Crazy! But he also designed this Merrie Miss marker that they use to have. So I got mine out, and it means so much more to me. I love this and the statement, "I will radiate the light of the Gospel". He did things right, and was a great example to all.
Me and my sisters!
It was great seeing cousins and family, that we hadn't seen in a while. My Dad and Uncle Paul, are the last of the Carter line.
Uncle Roy's son Kelly, wife Sam and there family.
Uncle Roy, you will be so missed by all of us! He was so honored about a year ago, when the Preston Football Coach came and asked him to come talk to the football team. He wanted him to talk about flying in the war and how he made it through, at the end of his talk, this is what he said, "What I want to impress you guys...your team with, is this...pick your 'want', hit it hard, never give up. You can do it! You can win tonight's game and go on Winning!" And he did! I know he is extremly happy now being back with my dear Aunt Faye! Till we meet again, Uncle Roy we love you.




I'm so sorry Cathy! He seems like a wonderful man! I loved the pictures he drew - there's definitely something really special about Artists:)
ReplyDeleteSorry for your loss, he seems like a great guy! Thank heavens for the plan of salvation!
ReplyDelete