Well, as always, life is busy, crazy and fun! We celebrated my Dad's birthday, I can't believe that he is "82".
I always love when we get together and everyone makes it.
The picture of my Dad with the toothpick, is one of my favorite pictures. I always remember after his long day at work, we had dinner and he would read the newspaper with a toothpick in his mouth. I think we would tease him, that he would get slivers in his belly from the toothpicks.We had a icecream cake for desseret, wow! That was a month's worth of calories! Very good, anyway!
Doug and I made a quick trip to Salt Lake, not for very fun reasons, but a great trip. First, we had to see a surgeon at the University of Utah. Doug has a high risk Hernia, and they do a new proceedure that is out patient that is suppose to be great. So keep your fingers crossed all goes well, in a few weeks. After we took some time and went to the church history musuem, loved it. The flowers were blooming, a beautiful spring day!
They had a new video, in the musuem of the First Vision, loved it! Was like walking in the Sacred Grove with Joseph Smith. Love this scripture, "Whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials," so true. The stain glass they had in there was so beautiful, one of my favorites!
The seagull, always has great memories for me of my Aunt Faye. She would always tell us as kids to cover our head when we went under it so the bird wouldn't poop on us. So, to this day I still cover my head!
We also stopped and seen my sister in law, who is battling Leukima. She has had her bone marrow transplant, and has been staying at the Hope house in SLC. She has been in SLC since around September. It was so great to see her and visit, we are all hoping that she will be able to come home by the end of the month. She looked great, but still has a long road ahead. Keeping her and there family in our prayers.
Life is always busy, with many things to do. Just always remember to stop and smell the flowers.
I read a quote by Helen Keller that I loved, " The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched--they must be felt with the heart."


We will definitely keep Doug and your family in our prayers. That's a great quote and I always think "what would I be doing if I didn't have my family to keep me busy??":)
ReplyDeleteWe will keep Doug and your family in our prayers! Thank heavens for family!!
ReplyDelete