I recently got to go to New York, Washington D.C., and a couple other places as part of an educational tour! It was super fun. In the picture above, I am standing in front of Mt. Vernon, where President George Washington lived. It was a very pretty place and it had a great view of the lake.
This is from when we went to see the white house. It actually wasn't as cool as I was hoping it to be. There was a ton of security so we had to stay on the other side of the street.
When we went to Pennsylvania, we went to visit Amish Country and it was very interesting to see this sign! It said "Welcome to Intercourse". Everyone on our bus, including myself, thought that was hilarious. When we went to a gift shop, a couple of my friends bought shirts that read "I <3 br="" intercourse="">3>
When we arrived in New York, we got to go see The Phantom Of The Opera. It was an amazing performance. I hope that I can go back someday and see another show.
Walking around Times Square was definitely an interesting adventure. On a corner sales booth, a man was selling New York t-shirts, hats, and other souvenirs. When my friend bought a souvenir, the man asked us where we were from and we told him we were from Idaho. His reply was hilarious. "Did y'all bring any weed with ya?" When we told him we didn't he said, "Oh,well that's okay, I got some if ya need some." It was really funny. Then later, a guy who was supposedly selling his rap CD's stopped me and started talking to me. He autographed one of the CD's and when he asked for a donation, he got a little upset when I offered him the only change I had, which was a quarter. He wasn't too happy about that...however, when we just kept walking we went to a bunch of fun stores. We went to the Disney store, the M&M's store and then we went to Ben and Jerry's to get ice cream! It was very fun. All in all, New York was a very fun place but it was full of busy people, some who were a little rude, but others were really nice. The hot dogs were good too.
After visiting the 9/11 Memorial, we went to the One World Observatory and looked out over the city. It was really cool!
We went to Little Italy as well. It was a ton of fun. The man in the picture above sang a few fun songs for us, one of which he had us stand up on our chairs and wave our napkins around! It was hilarious and the food was soo good!
After a long day in Philadelphia, we had the option to go back to our hotel or run the Rocky Steps and so of course everyone wanted to run the stairs. So we ran the whole way, singing "Eye of the Tiger" all the way up to the top.
When we got to the statue of Liberty, we got to ride a ferry and then climb up the stairs to the pedestal of the statue. When you stare straight up at it, it looks like it is going to fall over because of how the clouds move. It was a little scary at first. After we left the Statue of Liberty, we went to Ellis Island, which wasn't as interesting as I had hoped it would be.
Over all, it was a really fun trip and I am very happy that I got to go. I made a ton of new friends and got to explore a bit of the country.



That is awesome Michaela!! Looks like a great trip and one I'm sure you'll always remember!!
ReplyDelete