Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Random Things!

Every new year, people always make new year resolutions, new goals, or try to change something in their lives. A friend of mine made a list last year of just random things in her life. I loved it, because she really showed what was some of the important things to her. We were talking in our family about new goals, and Doug always says that you need to write your goals down so you can read them often. So, I am making my list.
1-I love husband. He is the love of my life. He can bring out the good in me, and also bring out the worst. He takes it even if its not his fault. Also, I don't remember a day when he hasn't told me that he loves me, and that makes my day when I really think about it.
2-My kids! I could really go on and on. We tried for so long to have a family, with alot of heartaches and things. In the end, God knew what He was doing because I know my 2 children are suppose to be with me. They are so great and there little personalities are so much fun, I can't imagine life without them!
3-The parents that I have, WOW! If I can be half the person they are I will be great. The example they are, and how they live there lives is so wonderful.
4-I have talked about my sisters before, and I love them alot. I always wanted a brother, so I guess that is why I married someone with 8 of them.
5-Okay, so exercise is making my list! I have got the clothes off of my treadmill and blew the dust off of it so I am on my way. Just remind me not to have the chocolate with my Diet Pepsi!
6-Reading the scriptures! I started really good last year reading the Book of Mormon. I got to Alma, and really slacked off. So I am going to finish!
7-Listening, patience, these are 2 more things that I am working on which is always on a list. I think sometimes it is hard to be a good listener, but so well worth it when your kids know that you are really listening to what they have to say. Sometimes you just have to stop what your doing and give your undivided attention. They love it.
8-It has been 10 years now since I was told that I had cancer. I am so thankful everyday for the life that I have. I know that I am truly blessed.
9-This one was on my friends list, but I loved it. I love jewelry, it is the one thing that doesn't make your butt look big when wearing it.
10-My job, well it helps pay the bills, it is not something that I really enjoy. So my dream job might be Interior Design, that way I could spend other peoples money.
11-Well this one is my last, I believe in miracles! They happen every day of our lives. I am so thankful for the miracles that have happened in my life for my family, friends. I have learned so much from so many people. I really love the little miracles that happen and sometimes we don't even know it.

My 2010 Random Things rattling around in my head!

2 comments:

  1. 12 - Being a great friend and example to everyone around me - Oh wait - you've already accomplished that one!! You're amazing and I'd run around the block laughing and being chased by a 12 year old boy with an air gun (or so we thought!) ANY DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing women! I wish that I had as much joy and love for life as you and Jodi! I love that Jodi put Number 12 on there for you! You are such a good example to me! I watch you with your kids and with your husbands and think WOW!!!! What an AMAZING Example you are!!!

    ReplyDelete