Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Happenings!

Well, it was one of those days when this happened. We had had a busy morning with things going on, and just got home to leave again in a few hours for a family reunion. When I was asked, " Can I go play for just a little bit".  You have about an hour. So, about 15 minutes later, thankful to Lisa who brought him home after a bike wreck! Dalton has a high tolerence for pain, and he was in tears. I knew that it had to be bad, cause most the time when he is skinned up, I don't know about it until the blood dries. 


 So down to the clinic we go, they did x-rays on his arm and wrist. It looks like both are sprains, but we check it in two weeks. One is by the growth plate. The swelling is going down, so I keeping my fingers crossed that it will be good.
 This picture made me a little sad when I seen Dalton just sitting on the bench wanting to go play ball. I don't think he has enjoyed having the brace and split on. But, he has tried to use it as a way to get out of any chores.
 I always love going to the Talbot reunion, so fun to catch up with family. It is kind of sad to see how many we have lost in the last few years. Out of 8 children, there are 3 left. Aunt Maggie, my father-in-law LaVern, and Aunt Goldie. We have alot of good food, fun stories, and of course lots of laughter.

I also had a great girls day out with my daughter. We haven't had one in a long time and we needed some one on one time. I love this girl, she helps me so much. She also has wanted a summer job to earn some money, most places won't hire until they are 16. She made her a sign and put it around town and has had a couple of little jobs earning her a little money. She was so excited. She even helped get some things ready for a yard sale, that she did on her own. She made some, and some for our family for a little get away coming up. Love summer but you can sure get busy!

2 comments:

  1. Poor kid!! hopefully it heals quickly and he can get back to summer fun! :) Glad you were able to have a girls day. Those days sure are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about Dalton! That's too bad right during summer fun!:( Your family reunion and girls day sounded fun - you deserve some fun getaways!:)

    ReplyDelete