Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Traditions, Dad's and Dates!

I have been talking to some friends and was surprised by how many people make Gingerbread houses. Some families do them on Thanksgiving night. The kids have wanted to make one for a long time but we never got around to doing it. Then, the other day Connie & Grant brought over a gingerbread house kit for us. They are so great, we love them. We made it today since it is so COLD outside. Michaela loved doing it, Dalton loved eating the candy. I think it might just be a new tradition for us.

The finished results! Not too bad for our first attempt. Maybe next year I will make the gingerbread. (I thought about that and I don't think so!)

The last few years, Doug has taken Michaela for a Daddy Daughter date. She started asking him to take her Christmas shopping. It is a great time for them to talk and be together. Doug grew up with 8 brothers and only 1 sister, so having a daughter was a little weird. He loves doing it, he just doesn't like the shopping part. I loved having time with just my Dad, so I'm so glad for this tradition.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks like a professionally made Gingerbread house! I'm very impressed!! I love the Daddy/daughter idea - we just might steal that one from you! Oh, I'm on my way to pick up my little darlings - hope they were good! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are always so good, they can come any time! We love ya all!

    ReplyDelete