Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What a busy weekend! Thanksgiving turned out great, we just all ate way too much. We were talking about traditions and things we remember as kids, and one of them was we always took the day to go as a family to get our Christmas tree. So this year that's what we did. My Mom got a permit for us and we drove to the mountains. The first thing was of course a snowball fight. It didn't last long cause it was cold. The trees look little when your comparing them to some on the mountain. When you get home, you feel stupid cause it turns out to be a very large tree.

Wow, was it ever cold up on the mountain!

Our tree once we got it in the house and decorated!

I love this time of year, the fun in decorating, story telling, traditions, and being with your family! Christmas waves a magic wand over this world and behold everything is softer and more beautiful!

3 comments:

  1. How fun!!! I totally agree about Christmas being magic - it's definately a favorite time of year!! By the way, thanks for being such a good listener and friend - I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love going to the mountains to get a tree. However it just wasn't going to happen this year so we pulled out the fake one. I miss the fresh tree smell and the unique trees we always came home with!! I agree about Christmas magic as well. I love this time of year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally favor fake trees,(I can never remember to water the real ones) but its stories like this that make me almost want a real one! way to cute

    ReplyDelete