Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fancy Nancy Family Home Evening!

Have you ever read the book "Fancy Nancy". The little girl loves to dress up and be fancy and have fancy names on food, etc. Michaela loved that book. She has been working on her Faith in God book, looking for things to pass off. She planned a fancy night, and I added a twist to it. This is our fancy place.

Michaela and Dalton colored on the menus of Fancy Nancy's 5 star restaurant! They also made name cards. What talent!

This was Dalton's 1st course: Chip off the old block=toothpick, Manure spreader=fork, Eve's delight=apple slice, Jack Frost=ice cream, and Popeye's friend= olive. Very mixed up dinner, but way fun. We had 4 courses, and luckily everyone ordered a fork on the first course.

Dalton showing good manners, buy helping Michaela in her chair, then he stole a kiss!

We had such a fun Family Home Evening, Dalton sang a song, and Michaela had a story for us. They want to do it every week, especially Dalton because he got ice cream first!

3 comments:

  1. Cathy!! what a cute family home evening. I have good intentions every week, then it comes around,and I am such a grouch I just want to send them all to bed! I really need to do better, but that is a fun idea even I can do something fun like that I may have to steal that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute and looks like you had a lot of fun! The girls have been bugging me to do another party like the Pinkalicious one and they want to do Fancy Nancy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are super mom. Way to go...this idea is really cute.

    ReplyDelete