Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Grandpa's

Well, I know it isn't Father's day, but I have been thinking alot about my Grandpa Carter. The end of the month is his birthday. If he was still alive he would be 110 years old. My dad's birthday is March 1, and he will be 76 years old. The older my Dad gets, the more he reminds me of my Grandpa. I was only 13 when he died, but he was the only Grandpa I knew. This is a picture of my Grandpa around the time he got married.

My Dad when he was in the army, about the same age. He looks so much like his father.

I don't have alot of pictures of Grandpa when he got older. This one I remember. My Grandpa, Dad and the other brothers always went pheasant hunting on saturday mornings. This is from one of the trips. It's kind of funny because me and my sister had curlers in our hair. My Mom would always wash our hair later on saturdays, we would sleep with them in so our hair would be beautiful for sunday. This is really ageing me, because we didn't have curling irons then. Funny! The other 2 kids were neighbors.

This is a picture my uncle did "Carter Brothers and George". They had a business together in Preston for 40 years. How great to work with your family, and get along!

My Dad today! He usually has the toothpick and alot of times a Raiders football shirt. I am so lucky to have these special men in my life. I love them both so much. Hope your birthday is as special as you are Dad! Love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment