Yes, my hubbie is rockin' that hospital gown. I tried to get him to model it, but he didn't like the fact that there is only one tie in the back and it is at the top. We have been teasing just a little by singing "All I want for Christmas is my two new knees"!
Yes, two new knees. Doug has needed this done for a very long time and I guess he finally come to terms with it. That they just weren't going to get better with out surgery.
Doug got one of his new knees this morning and all went well, other than he woke up on the operating table. He woke up seeing them hammering on his knee. He says it scared them all just a little, I think I would have passed right out. He has made fast friends with all the nurses, they were all laughing when he came back to his room. If all continues to go well, he will get his other knee a few days after Christmas. When we first went down to see Dr. Nielson in Logan, he told Doug that he had 2 bad knees and 2 bad hips. Which we already really knew that, he just showed us from the xrays. These are the pins that are in Dougs hips. There are 6 of them. Xrays look like he was shot with a big nail gun. These pins were put in back in April of 1971, they had to come out because of infection and more were put in. So probably some time next year, he will be getting his hips done.
So, I think when we are all done, he will be a brand new man! So thankful for all the prayers and blessing that have come our way. It sure makes things so much easier.

So glad everything went well - please let us know if you need anything! We'll keep him in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteGlad all went well, I had no idea he was having surgery!!
ReplyDelete